[R-sig-teaching] R for introductory epidemiology for MPH students--base or with a package or two?

Randall Pruim rpruim @ending from c@lvin@edu
Mon Jul 2 22:38:42 CEST 2018

Christopher,

It sounds to me like you are the right track to answering your own question.  There are certainly packages that make some things much easier (like the tidyverse suite you mention), and in the end you will need to match what you choose to your audience and your goals.

So my take is this:

	* there is no one right answer,
	* there is no reason to avoid packages just for the sake of avoiding packages.

Of course, now comes the work: figuring out the right set of packages (and functions within them) for your situation.

Best of luck!

—rjp