[R-sig-teaching] R packages for create interactive homeworks in R

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 14:48:19 CEST 2017

Hi Manuel,

a bit late, but if you are comfortable working with Latex or RMarkdown,
take a look at the exams package. That one we use to create homeworks and
exams. It can export the questions in the QTI standard, so it can be easily
used with multiple different online school systems like blackboard etc.

You can also use that package to create html or pdf documents with
questions, but that's not "interactive" any longer. Anything that runs
inside R, can be hacked to find the solution if people know where the
packages are stored.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Joris

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:17 PM, Manuel Spínola <mspinola10 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I am looking for a way to create homeworks and grade them in an interactive
> way.  I am looking into the learnr package but the student can see the
> answer in the Rmd file if the homework is multiple choice.
>
> Is there any package to create homeworks or exams in an interactive way in
> R?
>
> Manuel
>
> --
> *Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
> Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
> Universidad Nacional
> Apartado 1350-3000
> Heredia
> COSTA RICA
> mspinola at una.cr <mspinola at una.ac.cr>
> mspinola10 at gmail.com
> Teléfono: (506) 8706 - 4662
> Personal website: Lobito de río <https://sites.google.com/
> site/lobitoderio/>
> Institutional website: ICOMVIS <http://www.icomvis.una.ac.cr/>

-----------

Biowiskundedagen 2017-2018
http://www.biowiskundedagen.ugent.be/

Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel :  +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be