[R-sig-teaching] purpose of the list

bob at statland.org bob at statland.org
Thu Nov 26 00:28:30 CET 2015

Forwarded message:
> From: Ista Zahn <istazahn at gmail.com>
> To: Steven Stoline <sstoline at gmail.com>
>
> On Nov 25, 2015 5:48 PM, "Steven Stoline" <sstoline at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Hadley:
> >

> > In fact I am teaching R this semester for undergraduate students. In
> > addition, I am using R in most of the classes I teach.
>
> Sure, but your question was about basic extraction, not about teaching. As
> Hadley suggested R-help is more appropriate for questions like this.
>
> Best,
> Ista

The official blurb is open to interpretation but I agree with Ista.

"Special Interest Group (SIG) on teaching statistics with R. The
primary purpose of the group is to provide a forum where instructors
using R in their statistics courses can share ideas, teaching
materials, and experiences. One particular focus of the SIG is to
provide helpful support to instructors new to R who are teaching
introductory statistics courses populated with students with little
experience in statistics, statistical software, and command line
interfaces."

------->  First-time AP Stats. teacher?  Help is on the way! See
http://courses.ncssm.edu/math/Stat_Inst/Stats2007/Bob%20Hayden/Relief.html
      _
     | |          Robert W. Hayden
     | |          614 Nashua Street #119
    /  |          Milford, New Hampshire 03055  USA
   |   |
  /  x |          website: http://statland.org
 |     /
 ''''''