[R-sig-teaching] Read *.xlsx data file into R

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Wed Sep 23 16:11:47 CEST 2015

I have just recently been struggling with this myself.  It seems a lot
depends on how the xlsx file was structured by its creator. As you know,
Excel does many things behind the scenes "for your convenience."

I had some success with the openxlsx package.

--Chris

Christopher W. Ryan, MD, MS
cryanatbinghamtondotedu
Medical Director, Broome County Health Department
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryancw

Early success is a terrible teacher. You’re essentially being rewarded
for a lack of preparation, so when you find yourself in a situation
where you must prepare, you can’t do it. You don’t know how.
--Chris Hadfield, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth