[R-sig-teaching] create a negative skewed plot (density)

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 23:02:17 CEST 2013

On Apr 14, 2013, at 4:52 PM, Yahoo! <aboueiss at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear All: Just fix my previous email.
>

> I am trying to show the symmetric and skewed (both left and right) distributions to my students.

But that's vastly under specified; there's no such thing as _the_ skewed distribution. You simply need to pick a skewed distribution and then plot it however you want. You've already been pointed to one resource on how to do so.

> But I could not create a negative skewed distribution *or negative skewed graph). I am still not be able to figure it out

How about something like this?

layout(1:3)
x <- rnorm(1e5, 4, 1)
plot(density(x))