[R-sig-teaching] Handbook of Small Datasets

Dennis Murphy djmuser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:58:54 CET 2013

That's what the book is for: its purpose is to describe the variables
and context of each data set. The book 'Data' by Andrews and Herzberg
(1985) is similar in that respect. As I mentioned to Bob privately, I
thought about making a R package of the data sets in HDLMO several
years ago because I used a number of them in teaching, but then
realized that if I wrote the help pages, I'd essentially be violating
the copyright of the book...so that project died. But I do have a
collection of R objects for the data sets which I'm editing and hope
to finish before the weekend is out. Bob prefers a zipped csv archive,
but I can make an R binary available (or a zipped version of .Rdata
files) if anyone is interested.

Dennis