[R-sig-teaching] R exercices

nf grinberg n.f.grinberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 22:47:07 CEST 2012

cgenolin <cgenolin <at> u-paris10.fr> writes:

> Hi the list,
>
> I am looking for some exercices for a PhD student
> that start to learn R. He already "read" some tutorial, but now he needs
> some practice.
>
> He does *not* need to learn any statistical tools ; he
> just needs to work on programmation concept. So I am looking for some
> exercice sheet that will, for example, focus on :
>
>  - structuring the
> data (data.frame / list / matrix / ...)
>
>  - using controle syntax (for
> / if / while / function)
>
>  - reading data
>
>  - ...
>
> Any link for this
> kind of material?
>
> Sincerely
>
> Christophe
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hi Christophe,

The following set of exercises (by Robin Reed and myself) is aimed at people
wishing to learn R in a non-statistical context (there are exercises involving
matrices (and arrays) and vectors and writing functions).
Maybe your student might find them useful.
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/staff/academic-
research/reed/rexercises.pdf (accessible from here
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/staff/academic-research/reed )

Best,
Nastasiya