[R-sig-teaching] looking for accessibility help (blind student)

Peter Petto ppetto at ppetto.com
Tue Aug 7 18:35:50 CEST 2012

I will have a blind student in my AP Statistics class this year.

I'm thinking about using R as his calculator. It seems like it's core text-in text-out nature may match screen reading software well. And I'd like to explore directing visualizations to tactile graphics output.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me suggestions (people, websites, organizations) where I could discover anything that could help me help him.

Thanks so much.

   Peter++

===

Peter Petto <ppetto at ppetto.com>
Lakewood High School Math   cell: 440.249.4289