[R-sig-teaching] Message displayed when opening RData file

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 07:16:46 CEST 2011

Hi Francis,

If you are able to edit the previous workspace, what about adding a
local .Rprofile file?  In that file you could put something like:

cat("To see data, input: \n  > data \nin the console. \nTo see data
variable descriptions, input:\n  >desc \nin the console.\n")

in the .Rprofile file

Cheers,

Josh

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Francis Smart <smartfra at msu.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if there is any way to display a message automatically when a
> workspace is restored and to have that message saved as part of the
> workspace.
>
> I would like R to say after
> [Previously saved workspace restored]
>
> To see data input >data in the console
> To see data variable descriptions input >desc in the console
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Francis
>
> --
> Francis Smart
> PhD Student - Michigan State University
> Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics (AFRE)
> Measurement and Quantitative Methods (MQM)
>
> Cell: (406) 223-8108

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology
University of California, Los Angeles