[R-sig-teaching] Plotting the P value

Derek Ogle DOgle at northland.edu
Sun Apr 3 00:05:55 CEST 2011

Ali,

I'm not completely sure of your purpose but I have my students use plot.htest() in my NCStats package (available at rforge.net/NCStats) to plot the p-value following the results of z.test() (from TeachingDemos package), t.test(), or chisq.test().  You might also consider distrib() in NCStats (it is more general and is simply a wrapper to pnorm(), qnorm(), etc. and won't, for example, show a two-tailed alternative).  Examples of both are in the help pages -- ?plot.htest or ?distrib.