[R-sig-teaching] Org-mode example for writing quizzes/exams

G. Jay Kerns gjkerns at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 18:50:20 CET 2011

Dear Liviu,

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jay
>

> OT: Are you aware of working layout files for LyX, which would also
> allow creating writing quizzes/exams via Sweave.
>
> Thank you
> Liviu

Both yes and no:

No, I'm not aware of existing devoted layout files for quizzes/exams in LyX, but

Yes, with LyX + Sweave it's easy enough to throw a quiz together
without too much trouble.  I have some examples here:

http://www.ysumathstat.org/faculty/kerns/video/STAT3743/02-RESOURCES/quizexam/

Looking back, it is/was much faster to write something like this with
LyX than Org-mode, but after this pain it might be easier.  And
sometimes it's a matter of sport.  :-)

Regards,
Jay