[R-sig-teaching] Installing R into my computer

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Nov 13 16:55:39 CET 2010

Dear Jan and Ali,

I haven't followed this thread, so I apologize if my information is off-base
or redundant.

I expect that Ali simply wants to install R on a Windows machine, in which
case he would be well advised to download and use the Windows installer for
R rather than download the source distribution of R. The installer is
available on CRAN at <http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/> or,
better, at the analogous location on a nearby mirror site.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Senator William McMaster