[R-sig-teaching] videos, lecture notes, etc.

G. Jay Kerns gjkerns at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 07:32:09 CEST 2010

Dear R-SIG-teaching,

I have opened up guest access to the Moodle course for STAT 3743:
Probability and Statistics.  The URL is

http://www.moodle.ysumathstat.org/

There a person will (cumulatively) find lecture notes, selected
quizzes, exams, and video/screencasts of the daily recorded lectures.
(And yes, it's all FREE.)  I mention it here because R is used
liberally throughout and maybe some portion of it would be useful to
one of you or your students.  The textbook is IPSUR, so a person can
really get a front row seat to the whole thing in action.

The direct link to the videos, etc. is

http://www.ysumathstat.org/faculty/kerns/video/

This is certainly work in progress and I haven't had time for things
like video polishing;  please overlook any embarrassing roughness
around the edges.

Jay

P.S.  Instructors would probably get the most mileage out of the
RESOURCES subdirectory:

http://www.ysumathstat.org/faculty/kerns/video/STAT3743/02-RESOURCES/

P.P.S. There is another course shown on Moodle but it doesn't use R very much.

G. Jay Kerns, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH 44555-0002 USA
Office: 1035 Cushwa Hall
Phone: (330) 941-3310 Office (voice mail)
-3302 Department
-3170 FAX
VoIP: gjkerns at ekiga.net
E-mail: gkerns at ysu.edu