[R-sig-teaching] pros/cons of teaching attach()

Murray Jorgensen maj at waikato.ac.nz
Sat Sep 25 01:45:17 CEST 2010

This may not always be useful when we venture too far from the cosy
world of lm().

For example I have just been looking at the function flexmixedruns()
from package fpc, and the object  fr  that is its value in the examples
for that function.

 > methods(class=class(fr))

just produces the standard list methods because fr is defined as a list.
To get stuff out you need $.

Still I like Gabor's suggestion and I will use it when a function
returns an object of an unusual class.

Murray

--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand