[R-sig-teaching] introducing R

Iasonas Lamprianou lamprianou at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 09:03:46 CEST 2009

Dear friends,
I want to start using the R package for my postgraduate students in Research Methods courses and also in Quantitative Methods courses. I am also considering using it for my undergrads as well. The point is, not all of my colleagues agree. They are afraid that it may be too non-friendly for the students. What is more, I need material in Greek.
Please, do you have bright examples of how it is used in other Universities (in English or in Greek) with undergrads or postgrads? What material do you use (e.g. notes, books etc). How do you use it? What User Interface do you use?

Thank you

Dr. Iasonas Lamprianou

Assistant Professor (Educational Research and Evaluation)
Department of Education Sciences
European University-Cyprus
P.O. Box 22006
1516 Nicosia