[R-sig-teaching] I need your thoughts on teaching with R

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:54:37 CEST 2009

> The source directory of my slides for Peter's book, "Introductory
> Statistics with R", is available as
>
> http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/ISwR.zip

Those are really nice.

I see you still teach t-tests and the Wilcoxon signed-rank test - is
this just an artefact of following Dalgaard, or do you have a
preference for them over the (computational expensive but conceptually
simpler) permutation tests?

> (I'm sorry, Hadley, but I use lattice throughout.  I haven't taken the
> time to learn ggplot2.)

No problems.  I don't think there's much difference in capabilities at
this level.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/