[R-sig-teaching] [jones at reed.edu: Re: Who is the list for?]

Albyn Jones jones at reed.edu
Sun Feb 1 00:46:16 CET 2009

Ooops, I failed to respond to the list.  Here it is...

albyn

----- Forwarded message from Albyn Jones <jones at reed.edu> -----

Hi Robert

That's a good question, and clearly the boundary is fuzzy.

I was inferring from the form of the question that the poster was a
random person learning R, rather than someone using R to teach
courses.  I may have been in error, in which case I apologize to all
for jumping to a conclusion.

I don't have a list of topics that are appropriate or inappropriate,
rather a notion that this list is not the same as the R-help list,
but is for discussion of issues related to teaching R or with R.

In any case, anyone teaching with R should be aware of the R-help list.

albyn