[RsR] Package robustlmm

Manuel Koller ko||er@m@nue| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Aug 15 21:10:51 CEST 2021

Dear Mina

Sorry for the late reply.

These random errors are usually due to the system running out of memory.

Your data.frame A contains over 58'000 observations. The rlmer method
requires more complex equations than lmer, which allow for less memory
efficiency. Maybe one could do more with sparse matrices, as your data
seems to be factors only. Everything depends on how filled up the
intermediate matrices actually are. So this would be a long shot.

I would say your best bet is trying to get access to a machine with a lot
of memory. You will need at least 64GB of ram. Just the matrix that is
evaluated at the point of failure requires a bit more than 25GB.

Best,
Manuel