[RsR] shifted t distribution for power analysis

Z B z@k@r|@|ben@m|d@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 30 10:18:12 CEST 2020

Dears,

I am trying to generate 10 random numbers from  shifted to the right t
distribution with 3 degrees of freedom. I mean the following :
x<-rt(10,3)
 y<-rt(10,3)+2

 I need these two variable to calculate the the power of two sample t-test
in order the check its robustness and that is by deriving the p values from
1000 samples for both x and y  and then calculate the rejection rate.But it
is false since i found out that we talk about noncentrality parameter in
case of t-distribution and not shift like mentioned above.how shall i do to
express a shift to the right with an amount of 2 using the noncentrality
parameter in R ?.i will be very grateful when i hear from you. and if there
is whatever other solution to implement shifted to the right random
variables then it welcome.

Best Reguards
Zakaria Bensmida