[RsR] New maintainer? Package 'robust' (original S+ "Library 'robust') orphaned on CRAN

Emily Klein em||y@k|e|n04 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 6 16:05:21 CET 2020

Good morning all,

A quick note just to mention that I am watching this conversation with
interest - in large part because I am in the process of using it for
analysis of ecological data. Previous papers have used lmRob(), but of
course we only have lmrob() currently, so that's what we've applied. If
both are available, I would try both and compare results, and would be very
interested in any thoughts on how they differ. I had not previously found
any documentation comparing the methods or package - could be very useful
to have that written up somewhere, but as others have said, this is a
thankless job, and I am sure you are all very busy.

Happy Friday,

Emily