[RsR] About the inconsistency p-value of two sample Kolmogorov–Smirnov test in R and Matlab

Zhou, Xionghui X|onghu|@Zhou @end|ng |rom cchmc@org
Mon Nov 11 21:50:41 CET 2019

Hi guys,

Recently, when I try to repeat my method using R, which was implemented in Matlab before, I found that the p-values for the two-sample ks-test in the two languages are different, even with the same data and parameters (The p-value in R is greater than the one in Matlab). In the meanwhile, the p-values of two-sample ks-test are the same in Matlab and python. In addition, I also test the p-value in Mann-Whitney-Wilcoxon test and Poission test, the p-values for the tests in R and Matlab are also different. Of course, the difference in two-sample ks-test is the most significant. May anyone tell me the reason for that and which language is more reliable? Thanks in advance!

Best,

Xionghui

Xionghui Zhou Ph.D.
Research Fellow
Division of Human Genetics
Cincinnati Children�s Hospital Medical Center

Phone: +1 (513) 636-4200
Email: Xionghui.Zhou using cchmc.org<mailto:Yaping.Liu using cchmc.org>
Office: R1.1026
3333 Burnet Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45229