[RsR] robust regression and fixed effects models

Thu Jun 18 09:10:54 CEST 2015

(Putting this back to the R-SIG mailing list, where it
 originates and belongs)

    > Thanks for the advice.  Since I have panel data, does it make sense to explore fixed effects or random effects models? Robust regression will not address the changes in countries over time.  It is easy to compare fixed effects and random effects with each other, but how do I compare their outputs with the outputs of the robust regression?

In this case, I would recommend using the   robustlmm   CRAN
package ( http://cran.r-project.org/package=robustlmm ) of
Manuel Koller  (in CC) who has completed his Ph.D. thesis on the
topic of robust mixed effects modeling.

Best,
Martin