[RsR] robust regression and fixed effects models

michael westphal m|_we@tph@| @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Wed Jun 10 16:17:57 CEST 2015

Hello:
I am using R 3.0.2.

I have panel data on countries' renewable energy net generation (and installed capacity) over time.  I am regressing these dependent variables on various socioeconomic variables, as well as binary policy variables.  I have have done basic OLS, but I wanted to explore both fixed effects models, as there are likely significant country effects and robust regression, as Q-Q plots indicate that there are some strong outliers.  This might be a question of apples and oranges, but how do I compare the goodness of fit of the fixed effects models with the robust regression models?
Any help would be appreciated.