[RsR] Robust ANOVA with no interaction

Worthington, Thomas A thom@@@worth|ngton @end|ng |rom ok@t@te@edu
Tue Mar 3 21:45:42 CET 2015

Dear All

We are trying to use the WRS2 package to run a robust ANOVA but am having some issues with model specification

The dependent variable is velocity and the predictors are temperature (Temp) and total suspended solids (TSS).  We would like to run a 2-way robust ANOVA using 't2way' however one of the groups of the interaction is missing. We therefore ran a 1-way robust ANOVA using the dummy variable Temp_TSS e.g.

t1waybt(Velocity ~ Temp_TSS, data=data, tr=0.2, nboot=10000)

The result suggested that the interaction was not significant . Therefore we would like to run a robust ANOVA with both main effects but no interaction (due to the missing group). We tried

t1waybt(Velocity ~ TSS + Temp, data=data, tr=0.2, nboot=10000)

but this only tests for first variable stated (in this case TSS). Is this possible to run an ANOVA with just the main effects but no interaction?

Thanks
Tom