[RsR] Rcmdr and robust tools

Tue Aug 4 17:45:21 CEST 2009

Hi Eva & Ian & other robustniks,

    IF> Hi Eva,
    IF> I'm not sure about Rcmdr, but I just released the Deducer package to CRAN
    IF> which uses HCCM by default with linear models. The online manual gives some
    IF> screenshots, but I have yet to write the regression page.

Hmm, one of the acronym definition pages on the web says

>> HCCM
>>
>> Acronym	Definition

>> HCCM		Healthcare Continuum Model
>> HCCM		Discharge Under Honorable Conditions, Convenience of the Man

But let's assume you mean heteroscedasticity correction as
provided e.g. by package 'sandwich'.

Note that using that *not* robust estimation in the sense of
most people reading this mailing list.

But now to the topic of 'Deducer' vs 'Rcmdr' (note: Subject amended: "+r") :
One reason 'Rcmdr' has been quite nice for teaching has been
that you can somewhat easily *modify* it,
by adding your own menu entries; modify or even omit existing ones.

How easy is that with 'Deducer' ?

Regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich