[RsR] useR! 2008 submission deadline - robustness talks!

Wed Mar 19 12:09:49 CET 2008

Dear R-Robustniks,

I just wanted to remind you of the submission deadline
(and early registration deadline!) of
2008-03-31
==========  --> Website http://www.R-project.org/useR-2008/

useR! 2008, the R user conference, takes place at ... TU Dortmund, Germany
from 2008-08-12 to 2008-08-14.
Pre-conference tutorials will take place on August 11.

As some of you have heard already, one of the half-day tutorials
   http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/useR-2008/tutorials/
will be by Professor Elvezio Ronchetti and me with a
     "Introduction to Robust Statistics with R"
with the goals to
- "propagandize" robust statistics to the active R community
- making use of the many robustness-related R packages.
  {of which there should be a CRAN-task view "Real Soon Now"}

Please consider submitting a paper in time, in order to help
making "robustness" an important subject at the meeting.
Note that Ursula Gather, Roland Fried and other 'robustniks' are
part of the local organizing statistics department; another good
reason to be there this summer!

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich
for the program committee, useR! 2008