[RsR] port of LIBRA toolbox to R

Valentin Todorov v@|ent|n@todorov @end|ng |rom che||o@@t
Wed Feb 7 00:26:51 CET 2007

>    ValenT> I still have not released a version of rrcov without
>    ValenT> covMcd, ltsReg and related functions and requiring robustbase.
>
> (and probably without those datasets that I've ported into
> robustbase).
>
> Yes, I've remarked that and had been wondering a bit about the
> reason.  I'd be glad if you'd made  rrcov depend on robustbase.
> Having (many) other packages depend on one package makes that
> ``recommended'' at least informally..

Yes, Depends, requires, Imports, Suggests, Enhances, ... and I do not know
what else is comming in 2.5.0. But neither of them helps me if I do not have
the reffered packages downloaded on my computer. In most of the network
environments (firewalls, etc.) I work and have worked I need first to
download the zip files (I am talking Windows) and then "Install from local
zip file". And it is tedious to find out that the new version of a package
you are used to does not work without this and that.

But you are right, we have to make robustbase informally (or compulsory)
recommended otherwise another year could pass without much further
development. I'll start immedeately with rrcov.

Best regards,
Valentin