[RsR] port of LIBRA toolbox to R

Valentin Todorov v@|ent|n@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 5 18:49:14 CET 2007

(just a short comment, to show that we are still alive, although quite)

Thanks Tobias for your initiative and many, many thanks to Mia and Sabine.

As Martin already mentioned, you do not need to bother about the basic
MCD and LTS which are very efficiently implemented in R as native code
(FORTRAN) - see http://www.r-project.org/user-2006/Slides/Todorov.pdf
for a time comparison.

Also, I do not remember if Martin mentioned this, the cluster analysis
methods of LIBRA are included in the recommended R package 'cluster',
again in native C and FORTRAN code.

I have implementations of linear discriminant analysis (using not only
MCD, but also OGK M and S estimates, see the above presentation) as
well as of PCA, based on projection pursuit and MCD (ala ROBPCA) which
I intend to release soon in rrcov.

By the way, Martin when do you expect to deliver robustbase as a
recommended package? I still have not released a version of rrcov
without covMcd, ltsReg and related functions and requiring robustbase.

Best regards,
Valentin