[RsR] port of LIBRA toolbox to R

Thu Feb 1 12:17:20 CET 2007

    Peter> Dear Tobias, This is very good news. Your work will
    Peter> be an important contribution to the project.

Indeed; thank you Tobias (and Mia and Sabine)!

In the mean-time, I've studied a bit the "function list" of
LIBRA, and found that quite a few functions there seem to be
there just because matlab is not R ("base + stats + MASS");
Several other ones have now been part of 'robustbase' for a
while.
Most of the remaining functions where a port would seem very valuable
are I think related to robust PCA and versions thereof.

One question that may become interesting a bit later (when speed
& memory performance may be considered) is how much of the code can
be and should be built on the fast-MCD code from robustbase.
I still have plans to translate that to C and "export its API"
since nowadays R packages *can* export their C API, i.e. have
other R packages' C or R code directly call the C code of the
first package.

Regards,
Martin