[RsR] estimators based on random samples... - should be random

Valentin Todorov v@|ent|n@todorov @end|ng |rom che||o@@t
Tue May 9 00:38:18 CEST 2006

Ciao Claudio,

> I agree on the convention of R, i.e. to use the R random number generators
> and the set.seed() function to set the seed. Do you have
> any suggestions on how to implement/handling these functions from C and
> fortran; is there examples or documentation to take a look? (At least,
> for me, this is one of the reason I still use generators from outside R)

Some hints could be found in Writing R Extensions.
I have built a very simple, Hello World type package with C and Fortran
calls of the R random generator - www.het2.org/~valentin/rhello_1.0.tar.gz
Check the functions userndC() and userndF().

Unfortunately this is not guaranteed to be portable across systems and I
have only tested on Windows.

HTH
best regards,
valentin