[RsR] names for robust fitting functions

Werner Stahel @t@he| @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Fri Jan 20 14:55:15 CET 2006

Dear all

A late contribution to the discussion about names:
I personally prefer if the most important characteristic of a
function leads to the frist part of the name. As a nice effect,
this leads to a meaningful grouping in alphabetic order.

The important characteristic is the model or problem. Therefore,
I prefer
lmrob  to  roblm
Even though lmRob is taken by S-Plus, lmrob is still new. I do
not know if  covrob  is taken more often than  robcov .
Sorry for opening the question again ...

Best regards

Werner Stahel
Werner Stahel                              http://stat.ethz.ch/~stahel
Seminar fuer Statistik                     phone  :    +41 1 632 34 30
ETH-Zentrum, LEO D8                        fax    :    +41 1 632 12 28
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland                meet me: Leonhardstr.27, D8