[RsR] Gamma shape and scale

Matthias Kohl M@tth|@@@Koh| @end|ng |rom @t@m@t@@de
Wed Jan 11 16:27:39 CET 2006

Hello Claudio,

my R package ROptEst can be used to compute optimally robust estimators
for all L2-differentiable (differentiable in quadratic mean) parametric
families which are based on a univariate distribution (e.g., the Gamma
model). You can find it under (not yet on CRAN):
http://www.stamats.de/RobASt.htm
You will also need the packages distr, distrEx, RandVar and evd which
are on CRAN.

Using Linux you might get an error by R CMD check, but this is due to
some problems with S4 class protoypes which I haven't corrected yet and
which do not affect the corresponding methods you need.

After the installation there is the R Skript "GammaModel.R" in the
directory of .../ROptEst/Scripts which might help you. Moreover, you can
find a short treatment of the Gamma model in Chapter 6 of my thesis
http://www.stamats.de/ThesisMKohl.pdf

Feel free to contact me directly, if you encounter problems!

Kind regards,
Matthias