[R-sig-phylo] Blomberg K Statistic

Liam J. Revell liamjrevell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:06:42 CET 2012

Hi Daniel.

I can think of two possibilities:

1) This is an error.

2) Your tree has an extremely unusual shape (for instance, it has many
bifurcations very close to the present day).

On constant rate Yule trees, substituting 1s for the true branch lengths
does not (on average) bias K in any particular direction.

If you share your tree and data I would be happy to look at the issue
more closely.

All the best, Liam

--
Liam J. Revell