[R-sig-phylo] phylo.d in caper package: "Problem with character change calculation in phylo.d"

Javier Lenzi j_lenzi at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 00:22:56 CET 2012

Hi all,
I am trying to estimate the phylogenetic signal from the D statistic (Fritz & Purvis Conservation Biology 2010 24: 1042-1051) using phylo.d function of caper package.
I had my comparative.data object and I successfully could estimate the D statistic using phylo.d function, but then I realized that my tree was not fully dichotomous and I then ran multi2di function of ape package in order to resolve the multicotomies. With this new phy object I ran the comparative.data function succesfully and when I tried to ran again the functinon phylo.d the following message appeared: Error in if (ransocc[1] != physocc[1]) stop ("Problem with character change calculation in phylo.d")"msissing value where TRUE/FALSE is necessary

I would ask about why this message appeared? Could be my phy object causing the problem?
Thank you in advance for your help.Best regards,Javier Lenzi.