[R-sig-phylo] on phylosig

Liam J. Revell liam.revell at umb.edu
Sat Nov 12 23:52:06 CET 2011

Hi David.

As presently implemented in phylosig(...,method="lambda",test=TRUE), the function tests the null hypothesis that lambda=0. That means that a P-value near zero means that the estimated lambda is highly significantly different from zero. I have not yet implemented the test of lambda=1.0 (which could be interpreted as a test for departure from BM). This can be done by using fitContinuous(...,model="lambda") and fitContinuous(...,model="BM"), and then comparing the likelihoods.

I hope this is helpful. Liam

Liam J. Revell
University of Massachusetts Boston
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/