[R-sig-phylo] diversification analysis for non ultrametric trees

ppiras at uniroma3.it ppiras at uniroma3.it
Wed Nov 9 03:54:22 CET 2011

Hi Emmanuel,
Thankyou very much for your reply. In fact the rwb()
function (library paleoPhylo; thanks to Thomas Ezard
for some extra code) does much of the things I need.
Some other methods are not yet implemented for non
ultrametric trees. For now...
Best
Paolo

Hi Paolo,

The methods you cite (and many others in several
packages) have been developed to analyse trees without
fossils, so these trees are ultrametric by nature, not
by necessity. A tree with fossils should be analysed
with appropriate methods, some of them are available
in packages paleoPhylo and paleoTS.

Best,

Emmanuel