[R-sig-phylo] correlation between discrete and continuous variables?

Liam J. Revell lrevell at nescent.org
Tue Dec 1 16:35:22 CET 2009

Hi Christoph, Stacey,

This might be a problem for which a logistic regression
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistic_regression) would be
appropriate.  If so, I encourage you to check out the following article,
which I enjoyed:

Ives, A. R., and T. Garland Jr. 2009. Phylogenetic logistic regression
for binary dependent variables. Systematic Biology (Advance Access).

Others on this list-serve might also be well suited to comment on this
paper & method.

Sincerely, Liam

Liam J. Revell
NESCent, Duke University