[R-sig-phylo] Independent Contrasts

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 10:40:01 CET 2008

Hi Yorick,

The CAIC code I have written ought to cope both with calculating
contrasts at the polytomy and matching the incomplete data to the
tree. Randomly resolving the polytomy at the base is one option (this
is what LDAP does in Mesquite, I think) but you then have to make a
decision on how to downweight the resulting contrasts and possibly
adjust the degrees of freedom.

I'd be really keen to have someone try out the code so, if you are
having problems with it, please do let me know.

Cheers,
David