[R-sig-phylo] archiving the mailing list

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at duke.edu
Tue Apr 15 23:27:40 CEST 2008

Hi all -

you may have wondered whether you'll be able to dig up any of these
educational exchanges in the future.

You may have noticed the URL at the bottom of this and any other
email coming through on this list. You can get to the mailing list
archive from that page, and the archive is public. However, it's
search capabilities are nearly non-existent.

There are, however, several email archiving services (Gmane, Nabble,
Mail Archive, to name a few). I assume that no-one has an issue with
me subscribing this list to one of those services, but if you do
please let me know. They all do reasonable concealment or even
encryption of email addresses, so personally I think exposure to spam
robots need not be a concern (especially since the raw archive is
public already).

	-hilmar