[R-sig-networks] Questions about interpreting ERGM goodness of fit

LeBrun, Erick Erick_LeBrun at baylor.edu
Thu Jul 28 15:52:53 CEST 2016

Thank you Philip,

I have played around with  introducing gwesp and it does not seem to shift the GOF at all. I feared it may have something to do fundamentally with the network. I think I may be losing information (i.e. weights) converting formats. I start with a phyloseq imported from a biom file and then build an igraph network. For the ERGM I am converting the igraph using as.network() from the Intergraph package. I think here I may be losing weights or other information.

Loss of information at the data level may also be the answer as the networks are related in that one data set is indirectly  derived from the other and I see the edge wise shift get worse between the two. I will revisit it.

I appreciate the assist!
Erick

Erick LeBrun
PhD Student