[R-sig-networks] Applying PLS-PM to Environmental Regulations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 26 19:38:11 CEST 2013

   I'm brand new to PLS-PM but think that it's the most appropriate approach
for my analytical need: developing indices of beneficial uses of water
bodies. I've read Gaston Sanchez's excellent book on 'PLS Path Modeling With
R' and am going through it again. I believe that I understand how to
structure the network of manifest and latent variables and set up the R data
structures; time will tell if my understanding is sufficiently complete.

   The few relevant references to PLS-PM (or each part separately) suggest
that use of this analytical approach has focused on marketing and economic
research rather than applied environmental science. This is not a problem.
What I would appreciate are pointers to examples of PLS-PM applied to highly
complex concepts that I can use to support using this approach in a
different context.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |