[R-sig-ME] free beginner course: Flexible regression modelling with glmmTMB

Mollie Brooks mo|||eebrook@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 31 17:40:36 CET 2024

Dear r-sig-mixed-models,

In case you know of anyone who would like to take a beginner’s course on glmmTMB or any instructors who might be interested in doing a "flipped classroom", I would like to offer this resource. Hans Skaug created this website for his course last year and now it is public. It includes short teaching videos (about 10 minutes each) that he and I recorded and there are additional exercises by Karl Ove Hufthammer that extend the topics further. Many of the examples in the videos are from ecology, while the exercises focus more on data from medicine.

https://mitt.uib.no/courses/41856

There is also some information for teachers who might want to use the website as part of their course
https://mitt.uib.no/courses/41856/pages/for-teachers?module_item_id=462813

! Due to our full time jobs, we will not be able to answer questions from students, but we are open to constructive feedback on the GitHub page where the code and slides are hosted.

Please pass this information on, if you know any students or teachers who could use it.

Best wishes,
Mollie

Senior Researcher
National Institute of Aquatic Resources