[R-sig-ME] Course - GENERALISED LINEAR MIXED MODELS IN R

i@io m@iii@g oii phys@ii@-courses@org i@io m@iii@g oii phys@ii@-courses@org
Sun Sep 3 22:49:53 CEST 2023

Dear all,

We hope this message finds you well. We are excited to announce our upcoming course on (GENERALISED) LINEAR MIXED MODELS IN R, which is set to take place from October 9th to 13th, 2023. To encourage global participation, this course will be conducted online.

Course website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/glmms-in-r/

n this course, you will gain hands-on experience in specifying, interpreting, and validating linear and generalized linear mixed models, all within the applied research context of R. The emphasis will be on utilizing the lme4 and glmmTMB regression packages.

We are excited to inform you that we have just FOUR seats remaining for this course. This is your last chance to secure your spot and deepen your understanding of GLMMs in R.

By the end of this course, you will:
1. Deepen your understanding of fundamental regression concepts.
2. Grasp the components of the GLMM framework, including distributions, random effects, variance structures, and correlation structures.
3. Gain the ability to select the appropriate model structure for applied analysis of experimental or observational data, with a focus on the R packages lme4 and glmmTMB.
4. Learn how to visualize fitted GLMMs (using the R package effects) and check the assumptions of your model (utilizing the R package DHARMa).

Best regards,
Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR