[R-sig-ME] Random slope specification with interactions in fixed effects

Thierry Onkelinx th|erry@onke||nx @end|ng |rom |nbo@be
Tue Aug 22 15:23:02 CEST 2023

Dear Melanie,

Fitting random slopes requires a range of values within each unit. Since
your covariates remain constant within the cluster, you can't estimate the
slope within each cluster. Hence the model should be
Density ~ NDVI*Alteration + NDVI*WinterSeverity + Alteration*WinterSeverity +
(1|Cluster)

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey