[R-sig-ME] GLMMadaptive Estimation Issue

HATICE T KUBRA AKDUR hkubr@@eno| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 12 22:22:58 CEST 2023

Dear Group Members,

I am trying to develop a new generalized mixed model using a new count
distribution. To see the behavior of model parameter estimates, I compare
the estimates I obtained with the GLMMadaptive package in terms of mse and
biases in simulation for laplace and AGQ estimation methods. When I
increase the cluster size to see their consistency, the mse and bias are
unfortunately higher than the smaller cluster size. I checked the
simulation code dozens of times. I couldn't find any problem in the code.
Could this be due to the package I'm using?
 Estimation bias: It's possible that estimation procedure is introducing
bias into the parameter estimates, which becomes more pronounced as the
cluster size increases. This can occur if there are numerical stability
issues, convergence problems, or other algorithmic limitations.
What do you think?
If anyone can help, I'll be very glad

Sincerely,

--
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hatice T. Kubra AKDUR
Department of Statistics, Faculty of Science, Gazi University