[R-sig-ME] Doubt of assumption test of proportionality in an Ordinal Mixed Model

Martí Casals m@rt|c@@@|@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 14 11:31:01 CEST 2023

Hi,

We have a doubt regarding the assumption test of proportionality in a
specific case example of the Ordinal Mixed Model. In our analysis, we
fitted a model with a nested random effect using the following code: "mod
<- clmm(NRS ~ sex + week + (week | id.player), data = dades_in)". The
outcome NRS is an ordinal categorical variable with three levels.

Our inquiry revolves around whether there is a test available in R for
assessing the assumption of proportionality within the context of GLMM
Ordinal Mixed Models. We have explored various packages and functions such
as clmm and GLMMadaptive, but we have been unable to locate a suitable test
for this scenario.

Alternatively, we came across an article (
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10260-018-00437-7) that suggests
examining the assumption through plots and Odds ratios. Would you recommend
this approach, or are there any other tests or methods that we should
consider?

Best regards

--

Martí Casals Toquero

EstaTístic. Sports Statistician/Biostatistician. Lecturer at University of
Vic - Central University of Catalonia (UVic-UCC).

Website: https://marticasals.netlify.app/

*marticasals using gmail.com <marticasals using gmail.com>*

 Twitter: @CasalsTMarti <https://twitter.com/CasalsTMarti>

Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Marti_Casals
<https://www.researchgate.net/home>

Linkedin: *https://www.linkedin.com/in/marti-casalst-17101979/