[R-sig-ME] Selecting a family in glmmTMB for continuous proportion data that includes 0 and 1

April Martinig @pr||m@rt|n|g @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Sun Jun 4 02:44:18 CEST 2023

Hello,

I’ve noticed several questions about fitting proportion data with glmmTMB.

Every question I’ve encountered has been focused on 0 < x < 1. However, my data included 0 and 1. I am currently using "family=beta_family(link="logit"), ziformula= ~1” after making the 0s slightly non-zero (0.00001) and the 1s slightly smaller (0.99999) - I tried the solutions under zero inflation continuous data https://bbolker.github.io/mixedmodels-misc/glmmFAQ.html#continuous-data.

However, is there a way to appropriately fit the data as is (true zeros and true ones)?

I’ve attached an image of the distribution of the data.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Take care,
April

—
Dr. April Martinig, Ph.D., M.Sc.
Postdoctoral fellow
University of New South Wales
martinig.weebly.com<http://martinig.weebly.com>
“I do not accept the conventional order of things as a given."