[R-sig-ME] Question about proportion data in binomial glmm

rtfiner rt||ner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 24 02:38:45 CET 2023

I have a question about how glmmtmb handles proportion data for the
purposes of a binomial glmm.

I combined my success and failure count data into a matrix using cbind(),
and used that as my response in my binomial glmm using glmmtmb.

However, despite there being a few instances of zero counts in both columns
and therefore an undefined proportion, the model doesn't seem to drop these
rows from my data set.

I don't get any errors or warnings when running the model, but I worry my
results might be biased because of this.

My question is: Is glmmtmb doing something like adding a tiny amount to
each value of my response in order to avoid dealing with undefined
proportion data?

Thank you for your help,

Robert