[R-sig-ME] glmmTMB: dispformula for mixed beta regression

Mollie Brooks mo|||eebrook@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 30 13:09:03 CET 2023

Dear Tim,

For the beta family, the conditional variance is mu*(1-mu)/(1+phi) (i.e., increasing phi decreases the variance.) This is in the helpfile ?sigma.glmmTMB. The dispersion model is for log(phi). So higher X2 values give lower variance.  Does that agree with your data?

Cheers,
Mollie