[R-sig-ME] Fwd: Band - Structure variance and covariance

Tue May 31 23:53:34 CEST 2022

   This went to r-sig-mixed-models-owner using r-project.org by accident,
resending ...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Band - Structure variance and covariance
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 10:38:24 -0400
From: Ben Bolker <bbolker using gmail.com>
To: Breno Gabriel <omatematico.breno using gmail.com>,
r-sig-mixed-models-owner using r-project.org

   There is no lme package [sic], I'm going to assume that you're using
the lme() *function* from the nlme package.  In principle you can define
your own classes of covariance matrix, but in practice this is tricky /
not very well documented. (If you want to dig in this I would take a
look at the internal code of the correlation structures defined in the
'ape' package ...

   Others may have more useful advice ...

--
Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University